Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY Sew: Rectangle Top Modified


A few months ago I posted a tutorial on how to make a rectangle top, it was one of the easiest sewing projects I've done, and the shirt itself turned out to be extremely comfy.  Since I was, at that time, and still am a "novice" seamstress there were a few things about the shirt I realized I could have done better.  So, here's a revised version of the rectangle top
Materials:
1 yard of knit fabric
Sewing Machine
Thread
Scissors
Measuring Tape
Step 1: Lay out fabric with right sides touching, and cut to the below measurements
Your Fabric should look like the below: 


Step 2: Cut a semi circle on the bottom of the fabric


Step 3: Following the black squiggly lines below sew up the arms and sides using a zigzag stitch


Step 4: Lastly, fold fabric around neck back 1/2'' and use a zigzag stitch to sew
around in a circle



No comments:

Post a Comment