Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY Crochet: Triple Crochet Vest



I made this vest months ago, when I had very little experience; I started out thinking I wanted to make a shawl, but after draping it around my neck, I instantly saw the potential for a vest.
This is a great project for someone that is still in the scarf stage of crochet, the only stitches used are chain and triple crochet.

Materials:
2 skeins of lion brand homespun in purple
Size J Crochet hook
darning needle
scissors

Begin with a slipknot
chain 54
1st row: in the fifth chain from the end triple crochet, continue to triple crochet in each of the remaining chains (27 triple crochets total); chain 5, turn

2nd Row: triple crochet in the first triple crochet, continue to triple crochet in each triple crochet (27 total triple crochets in this row), chain 5, turn

Row 3 to end: continue row 2 until you've reached your desired length, (when draping around your neck the ends should reach your hips)fasten off

Finishing:
Fold your piece in half, and match up the insides, from the bottom use your darning needle to sew up 4 inches from the bottom


Wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment