Monday, December 5, 2011

Crochet Lacy Scarf



This week I decided to attempt a new crochet scarf pattern; The Lacey Shell!

There are a ton of free crochet patterns available on the internet, a few sites I use are caron.com, and lionbrand.com. Most sites provide free written patterns, but I suggest as a beginner you use the ever faithful tutorials on youtube. Once you've mastered all stitches you can go back to the written patterns and work from there.
As I am still learning myself, I decided to browse a few videos, and stumbled upon this awesome tutorial.(one day mine will look this professional!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=iUOjaeBnZls&NR=1

I altered the pattern Slightly:

Here's the Pattern I used:

Chain 27



ROW 1: turn, single crochet in the 2nd chain from the hook and each remaining chain (you will have 26 single crochets); chain three, turn



ROW 2: Skip 3 single crochets; in the 4th single crochet create a shell (shell= 3 double crochets, chain 2, three double crochets; all in the same single crochet); next skip 5 single crochets, and crochet a shell in the 6th single crochet; continue until you reach the end of the row; double crochet in the last single crochet of the row; chain 3; turn



ROW 3 and on: repeat ROW 2 until you've reached your desired length

 
Below pictures show the scarf in stages





If desired add fringe(see earlier post How to: Add Fringe to a Scarf for tutorial)


Complete! This would make a great gift for a friend or female family member!

No comments:

Post a Comment